What Belize is know for!
There are plenty of interesting Facts about Belize, one for sure is the country is that, Belize is an emerging travel destination. The Country is becoming increasingly popular for its unique ecosystem and rich biodiversity. Along the coast line is a mix of sandy beaches and swampy mangrove lowlands. Just off the coast of many coral islands, protect by the world’s second largest barrier reef.
Inland Belize is a part of the mesoamerican biodiversity hotspot and it has many jungle, wildlife reserves, large variety of different species of flora and fauna and the largest cave system in Central America. Explore terrain such as open Savannah’s, Jungles and Rainforests in and around the Belize’s mountain range. From the accent Maya civilization to the present day multi-cultural people (Belizean).
As you reach on, you will find many interesting facts about Belize the will make it easier for to understand why you should visit this amazing country.
Facts about Belize you should know.
- Belize in not apart of Mexico or Guatemala. Learn more: Where is Belize
- Belize is one of the safest country to visit in Central America. Here a little common sense will keep you safe. If staying in the jungle or rainforest , it’s always a good idea to have bug spray handy.
- No need to learn a second language, Majority of the Belizean People speaking English or as some locals would say American. Spanish in the second language at the country.
- Belize Flag is the only flag in the world with human on it.
- From United States of America, Belize is only 2 or 3 hours away by international Flight.
- The Country has one International Airport, near Belize City. Named Phillip S.W Goldson International (PGIA) or BZE on your ticket.
- The US Currency is wildly accepted in Belize at an exchange rate of $1USD to $2BZD.
- The Belize Barrier Reef is the worlds second longest barrier, second to the Great Barrier Reef of Australia.
- Just off the coast, you will be 3 beautiful Atoll. This is 3 of the four atolls in the region.
- On lighthouse reef Atoll you will find the Great Blue Hole a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- There are over 400 island of the coast of the country, with the largest one being Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker. The Barrier reef lies about a miles from these island.
- Whale Shark gather at an area on the the reef know as Gladden Spit.
- We Belize Placencia is the destination with the best beaches in the country
- More than 450 species of fish inhabit the waters off the coast of the country.
- Some of the exotic names for Belize’s natural wonders include the Owl-Eye Butterfly, the Blue Morpho Butterfly, the Swallow Tail Cattle Heart Butterfly, the Peanut-Head Lantern Bug, the Red-footed Booby Bird, the Lady-of-the-Night Orchid and the False Vampire Bat.
- Of all the Central America Country, Belize has the lowest population density and is home to about four hundred thousand people.
- Tikal Temples in Guatemala is among the top things to see when visiting.
- Belize has one of the World creepiest attractions, names the Actun Tunichil Muknal or Cave of the stone sepulcher, ATM Cave for short.
- The World’s only Jaguar Preserve is found here. Founded in 1986 and covers a 150 square Miles.
- You would want to visit the district of Cayo, Stann Creek and Toledo if you wish to visit the Waterfalls in Belize. The Cayo District has the must spectacular Waterfalls.
- Mariposa Jungle Lodge is located in Western Belize, 20 Minutes Away from San Ignacio Town.
- The Jungle lodge has 8 spacious, situated in a jungle environment.
- You Can rent a car or Book a Transfer from the Belize International Airport to Mariposa Jungle, the ridge or drive is about 2.5 hours.
- Our staff are Helpful, Welcoming and Well training in their respective field.
- Mariposa Jungle Lodge sits on a 40 acres property, boosting an untouched jungle.